Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Verse of the Year

New Year, new blog, new verse to put front and center. I never make New Years resolutions, just goals on how I want to see my year look. Attainable goals at that.

I decided this year, more importantly, I would have a favorite verse to put in front of me in my day-to-day life.

Jeremiah 32:27
"Behold, I am the LORD, the God of all flesh. Is anything too hard for me?"

I read this verse in a Facebook update for little boy that has been battling cancer. I don't know them very well, but the mom of this little boy is a warrior if I have ever seen one. She has faith and wisdom beyond what I have seen in many leaders. I feel encouraged in my faith and in life when I read what she writes about this little boy.
She uses scripture quite a bit, but for some reason this verse hit me really hard. " I am the Lord, the God off all flesh..." Wow. Sometimes I believe that it's my place to worry and plan, and along the way forgetting how big and powerful the God I serve is. 

"Is there anything too hard for Me?" Puts you in your place. Of course there isn't. Nothing is too big for Him, whether it be circumstances or disease. 

I want this gentle reminder to be front and center of my every day. I don't want for a moment to forget that my Savior is the creator of the Universe.
So grateful for this life and this truth I have accepted.

No comments:

Post a Comment