Thursday, January 23, 2014

Little Wins

The other day I had text my husband and said, "{H} just said, 'Thank you Mommy'". I was so excited because he hasn't put words together yet. My husband responded with "Little wins that can make our day!"

He has been using "little wins" for a few events that have happened lately. It has just struck me as really cool. Little wins.

How often do I get stuck in the routine of the day, where frustrations out number the good. My husband has reminded me of the little wins. H did something small, yet meaningful. We found a check that we have have lost. Win. H helped me unload the dishwasher. Win. I found a necklace I have been missing. Win. My hairstyle turned out. Win.

I am trying to have a paradigm shift towards what is good. Not live in a victim, or negative mentality. I don't want to focus on the problems that lead to stress, frustration, and defeat. I have seen too many people I love live under so much stress. I want people to look at me and see joy, excitement, and encouragement. And all of that starts internally as a choice.

Why not try to celebrate the little wins. Moments that you would normally let slip through your fingers. It's such an easy step to take to begin living and walking in gratitude and joy.

I had a moment yesterday that I decided to look at as a little win because of the humor I found in it.

Not lipstick, lip stain. Can't get it off. Have tried many things! And I have to take him out in public! Hurricane is at it again. Could have chosen anger and frustration, but I didn't. I am holding on to these moments because one day they will be gone.

Celebrating the little wins,

S

No comments:

Post a Comment